Starting that new electrical project?
Here’s a good checklist that is helpful when looking for an electrician, or any other trade person.
Hiring a Contractor Checklist
Are you planning to remodel your home? This checklist will help you make sure you’ve done everything you need to do for your project. Check off each item when they’re complete.
- Verify the licenses of all contractors and subcontractors on ct.gov.
- Ask the contractor for references.
- Request a list of subcontractors to be used.
- Have the Contractor obtain the appropriate building permits.
- See and understand any plans and blueprints before approving them.
- Periodically check on the progress of the work.
- Get lien releases from subcontractors and material supplies.
- Keep copies of all documents and correspondence.